- Divide broccoli into florets and wash.
- Bring to a boil about 4 liters of water with 1 tablespoon of salt. Provide a bowl with ice-cold water. Add broccoli florets to the salted water, boil for about 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and rinse in ice water. This will help the broccoli retain its beautiful green color.
- Drain broccoli through a sieve and set aside a few small broccoli florets for decoration.
- Wash zucchini and cut into rough cubes. Wash leek and cut into rings. Peel potatoes and cut into rough cubes. Peel and finely dice onion and garlic clove.
- Heat oil in a large pot, sauté onion until translucent, add garlic clove and sauté for another 1-2 min. over low heat (be careful not to let it brown).
- Add zucchini, leek and potatoes and sauté briefly. Pour in vegetable broth and simmer gently for 10-12 min until vegetables are tender.
- Add broccoli, cook briefly and puree very finely with a blender or hand blender. If the soup is too thick, add some broth or water.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili, if desired.
- Fill into soup plates, arrange with broccoli florets, croutons and young sprouts and serve.