- Wash the pollock, cut into bite-sized pieces and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix the tempura batter with the salt and spices.
- Gradually add a little water and mix with a whisk to form a viscous batter. Leave the batter to rest for half an hour.
- Pour as much vegetable oil into a wok until it is about 3 cm high.
- Heat the oil to medium-high, i.e. about level 6 to 7 out of 9.
- Turn the fish pieces thoroughly in the batter and place them in the hot oil, preferably with a meat fork.
- Fry the fish in batches in the wok until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the baked pollack from the oil with a slotted spoon, drain well and place on kitchen paper.
- Serve the baked pollack with tartar sauce and potato salad.