Those who know semolina dumplings will love dumplings made from breadcrumbs – ask your children!
- 30g butter, foamy stirred
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps water
- 60g LEIMER breadcrumbs
- a pinch each of salt, nutmeg, garlic
Stir all ingredients until the mixture is smooth and let it swell for 5-10 minutes. Form then dumplings with 2 teaspoons or tablespoons (always dip the spoons in hot water before using it again for the next dumpling). Put the dumplings into nearly boiling meat or vegetable broth and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- You can use the same recipe for dumplings made of LEIMER “Mutschelmehl” (a Swabian speciality), breadcrumbs or organic breadcrumbs.
- Form the dumplings and freeze them on stock. When needed, put them still frozen in the boiling broth and let it simmer, no longer boil, otherwise they could fall apart.
- Depending on the season, you can prepare the dumplings with wild garlic, basil or other chopped herbs.