- 200g beef or veal liver
- 4 tbsps LEIMER breadcrumbs
- 40g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chop finely
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 1 tbsp parsley, chop finely
- salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Put the liver through the mincer. Mix all ingredients to a smooth, viscuous mass and let it swell for 5-10 minutes. Bring the salted water to a boil. Press the dough then portion by portion through a spätzle grater. Take them out with a skimmer after about 2 minutes and quench them in cold water. Before consumption, heat them briefly in simmering meat or vegetable broth.
- Ask your butcher to put the liver through for you, so that you do not need a mincer.
- You can use the same recipe for liver dumplings made of LEIMER “Mutschelmehl” (a Swabian speciality), breadcrumbs or organic breadcrumbs. Increase the quantity of breadcrumbs so that the mass becomes shapeable and you can form dumplings.
- Make the Leberspätzle on stock, drain and freeze them. When needed, put them still frozen in the boiling broth and let it simmer, no longer boil.