These gnocchi are not made from potato dough. The process of cooking is done much more quickly as no potatoes have to be cooked.
- 225 g deep-frozen leaf spinach, defrosted, or fresh spinach, blanched, chop coarsely
- 150 g ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 70 g LEIMER breadcrumbs
- 100 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- a pinch each of salt, nutmeg, pepper
- garlic to taste
- 50 g nut butter (lightly browned butter)
- parmesan, coarsely grated
Stir all the ingredients together and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (possibly a bit of garlic). Form small dumplings with 2 teaspoons. Let the gnocchi simmer in boiling salt water for about 10 minutes (do not allow to boil anymore). Garnish with browned butter and parmesan cheese flakes.
- Depending on the season, you can also mix finely chopped wild garlic or other aromatic herbs.
- When preparing the nut butter, put some leaves of fresh sage into the pan and serve with the gnocchi.
- Make the gnocchi on stock and freeze them on a tray. Then transfer the frozen gnocchi to a freezer plastic bag and take out and cook when needed.