Easy and quick to prepare, vegetarian and also very moderately priced.
- 1 package deep-frozen vegetables, defrosted
- 100 ml water or vegetable broth
- 1-2 eggs
- 150 g LEIMER breadcrumbs
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- concentrated butter for frying
Mix the soup vegetables (about 450 g) with the other ingredients, season it and let it swell for 10 minutes. Form flat burgers from the mass and fry them at moderate heat until they are golden brown.
- Fry one burger as a sample in advance to test consistency and seasoning.
- Vary the vegetable burgers by mixing roasted sunflower seeds or Emmentaler cheese cut into small cubes into the mass.
- Serve the vegetable burgers with tzatziki or a herb dip.
- Instead of LEIMER breadcrumbs you can as well use LEIMER “Mutschelmehl”. It is, however, only available in South Germany.