Deep-Fried Chicken Breast
- 600 g chicken breast without skin/bones
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp strong mustard
- 5 tbsps LEIMER breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsps dried tarragon
- 1 lemon, squeezed out
- salt, cayenne pepper
- plant oil for the deep fryer
Preheat the deep fryer to 170°C. Stir the eggs, mustard, breadcrumbs, tarragon, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper to a smooth mass. Cut the chicken breast into 3 – 4 cm wide strips and coat them with the egg-breadcrumbs-herbs-mixture so that the meat strips are covered all around. Then deep-fry the chicken nuggets for about 6 minutes until they are golden-brown and crispy.
- Serve with potato salad or fresh lettuce and as a dip tomato ketchup or mango chutney.
- After frying, let the deep fried chicken breast drip off on kitchen paper.
- Try the meat of skinned and boned chicken thighs. These nuggets are particularly succulent and tender as the meat contains slightly more fat.